Its great to read and write about new books, but I am creating the opportunity for myself and others to shout about older books we adore.
The topics for the next few Fridays are as follows in case anybody else want’s to join in
- Friday – 7th July – My favourite children’s picture book. Books designed to be read to children with wonderful illustrations. Much fewer pages but normally bigger than the average book and all of them in full colour. I definitely have a favourite what’s yours? This can be from your childhood or your children’s (if you have them).
- Friday – 14th July – My favourite book that has been adapted into a movie. What are the differences between the book and subsequent film and which is better (the book of course) and which did you find first?
- Friday – 21st July – My favourite non-fiction book that teaches a skill. Be it crochet, car maintenance, painting etc.
- Friday – 28th July – My favourite book set in India and/or written by an Indian citizen. Indian literature is diverse and fascinating, what is your favourite.
- Friday – 4th August – My favourite children chapter book – Either for an early reader to read themselves or a book that can be read to children once they can keep an ongoing story in their heads (roughly ages 4 to 5 and up). Either read to you as a child or to your kids, nieces etc.
- Friday – 11th August – My favourite science fiction book
- Friday – 18th August – My favourite series of books – Could be anything, as long as there are at least 3 books in the series
Past Friday Favourites
- Friday – 9th June – My favourite book set in mainland Europe? – That is anywhere in Europe except for the UK and Ireland (and probably not any other islands if we are being strict up to you).
- Friday – 16th June – My favourite author from the USA – America has produced a huge amount of fabulous writers who’s your favourite, and which is your favourite book of theirs?
- Friday – 23rd June – My favourite cook book. If you are anything like me you have a shelf full of cookery books from bread to pasta sauces. What is the one that you love the most and why?
- Friday – 30th June – My favourite comedy book. What book makes you laugh the most.